Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Munchies - Party Potatoes

So, this is my first post in a series of Thanksgiving inspired recipes. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love spending time with my family and just the time I spend leading up to it dwelling on the Lord's blessings and the fact that I can thank Him for absolutely everything in my life, because I know that He is using it for my good and ultimately for His glory, what a comforting thought!

But back to the food...on Thanksgiving day, the last thing I want is to feel the pressure of not being able to enjoy the Thanksgiving day gathering because I'm trying to get food ready at the last minute.  These potatoes are super tasty and can be prepped early then frozen.  Just take them out in the morning on the day before your thanksgiving meal, and when you're ready, stick them in either the oven or a crock pot and don't think about them again!  Trust me, I'm a (self-proclaimed) potato expert, and although these are easy and you can freeze them, the taste is not compromised, AT ALL! These are probably my favorite mashed potatoes ever.  It's like the inside of a twice baked potato, need I say more?!?  Also, you have my permission to put them in a foil pan or use crock pot liners for easy clean up.  I may not be the most experienced entertainer, but I have learned that sometimes convenience is worth being able to enjoy your guests rather than spending time with your hands in the dishwater.  Also, I apologize for not having a picture, but they look like mashed potatoes.  Use your imagination, then make them and see for yourself!

Party Potatoes

8-10 medium/large potatoes, peeled

1 (8 oz) brick of cream cheese
1 c. sour cream
Garlic salt
Pepper

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain, and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Mash until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients and beat until light and fluffy.  Put the potatoes in once the dish is buttered.  Freeze.

When ready to bake, put pats of butter and paprika on top and bake at 350 degrees till nicely browned on top and heated all the way through.

Optional - you can add green onions, chives, parsley, bacon bits, cheddar cheese, basically anything you would put in a twice baked potato.

No comments: