Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Munchies - Cheesy Pepperoni Bread

It's Monday again, they seem to roll around so quickly!  Today is the first of many weekly(ish) installments of Monday Munchies, where I will post some of my new and old favorite recipes.  

New Year's Eve is one of my favorite nights to try out new appetizer and dessert recipes, and this recipe is one I had my eye on for quite some time and decided to make for our party with our neighbors.  Now, this New Year's Eve party only consists of 7 people but every year we fix enough food for about 40 people, and then we swap leftovers, it's wonderful!  Friday I had lofty aspirations to make all sorts of completely homemade complicated and time consuming party food...then I woke up sick Saturday, and after waking up I decided I'd be doing good to even take a shower.  This recipe was one I decided I could throw together and it ended up being one of my favorites of the night even though it was super simple.  It would be a great one to keep the ingredients on hand for football games, game nights, unplanned visitors or even for a quick snacky dinner.


Cheesy Pepperoni Bread
  • 1 can Pillsbury Italian or French bread (Initially I planned to make my own dough, but this was nice and easy.  Sometimes easy is best, in my case, easy = nap!)
  • Garlic bread seasoning (Garlic powder, dried onions, parsley, basically whatever floats your boat.)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Sliced pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni because it's healthier...I know, like there's healthy pepperoni haha!  But I think it tastes just as good.  I also think mini pepperoni's would be great in this!)
  • Black olives - optional
  • Pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping

FYI, the pepperoni slices are frosty, it's not mold or something!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll the bread dough so that it makes a large rectangle.  Sprinkle with seasoning, then top generously with the mozzarella cheese. Place desired amount of pepperoni slices and olives on top of the cheese. Carefully roll the dough jellyroll style into a loaf and place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.  Bake 18-22 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.   


Recipe Source: Adapted from Sing for Your Supper Blog

No comments: