Friday, January 20, 2012

Hello Jackson!

After several long hours in the car, Laurel, Duke, and I made it to a beautiful and snowy Jackson, Wyoming!  I don't know how much the official total snowfall is, but we made a snow gauge by taping marks every 12 inches on the poles that show where the driveway is, and today it's slightly above the 24" mark with chances of snow all throughout next week too.  I LOVE snow so I'm having a blast with it all!  

From my short time here, I've compiled a list of 10 things which makes Jackson a pretty awesome little town:

1. Snow - lots of snow!
2. The beautiful scenery - I absolutely love the mountains.
3. Friendliness - people (except the people at the Post Office, must be a national epidemic) are super friendly.
4. Ski slopes - so many choices within just a few miles!
5. Winter activities - along with skiing you can spend time snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, taking sleigh rides, tubing, ice skating, hockey and more, the snow doesn't stop these guys!
6. Summer activities - hiking, camping, fishing, biking, kayaking, white water rafting, 4-wheeling, the options are limitless.
7. Seattle's Best - much to my surprise and excitement, there is a full Seattle's Best cafe in Smith's grocery store!
8. Stocking caps are acceptable to wear at all times - love my hats!
9. Music scene - several options each week, lots of country and bluegrass which is fine with me!
10. Local dining - there aren't many chains here but there are so many interesting local restaurants it will be fun getting to explore them when we aren't snowed in!

No comments: