Sunday, May 4, 2008

Back to Blogging

It's official, I'm starting a new blog! I don't promise any great words of wisdom, and I'm definitely not going to write each detail of every day in my life, but I do hope that through my words on this blog, that I will give testimony to God, and that above any other purpose this blog may serve, that it would bring glory and honor to Christ.

The title of my blog comes from one of my favorite books, When God Writes Your Life Story. It is a simple book to read, but has some deep insights and is very challenging. The book explains the Christian life as an endless frontier. Eric Ludy says,

"We get one step ahead of the culture and then, for some strange reason, stop all forward movement. The majority of us may be one step ahead of the world when it comes to purity, spiritual disciplines, knowledge of Scripture, and understanding the problems of society. But what if being one step ahead of the world is ten thousand steps behind where God desires to take us?

Unfortunately, today's Christianity breeds settlers rather than pioneers. It has bred men and women who no longer comb the wilds of God's grace. And it's time we realize that knowing Christ is an endless frontier - a frontier into which we have taken but one measly step."
It is my desire that this blog will be an encouragement to others to continue traveling the journey into the endless frontier.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Heidi! I'm glad you started a blog!! :) I've read that book, and I love the quote...that growing in knowing God is an endless frontier.