Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Munchies - Hawaiian Chicken Marinade

I tried grilling alone for the first time ever last week.  It was a little scary, but for being a newbie I think it turned out pretty good!  This marinade is one of my favorites, so I figured if I used the marinade whatever I grilled should at least be edible!  I had some chicken breasts in the freezer so I thawed those out, but I've also made this recipe with pork chops, and it's delicious as well.

Hawaiian Chicken Marinade 
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Place the chicken in a large ziploc bag. Whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, cayenne, lime juice and ground ginger and pour into the ziploc bag with the chicken. Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.  This is super tasty with a fruit salsa on it too, we served these with peach salsa from Sam's Club for a party my brother had last year, it was a great addition, or some grilled pineapple is always good too!

No comments: