Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Munchies - Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

The weather here has been so warm the last couple of weeks, it has me in the mood for summer!  I have been seeing a lot of smoothie recipes on different food blogs I follow and with this warmer weather a smoothie for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even dessert sounds delicious!  Breakfast is my favorite time for smoothies, but a lot of times a couple of hours later I find myself hungry.  This recipe is one that caught my eye on Pinterest because I always have the ingredients on hand, and it incorporates some fiber and protein that help you stay satisfied until the next meal!

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1/8 c. oats
1 T. peanut butter
1/2 c. milk (nutrition info was calculated using nonfat milk)
3 Ice cubes
Optional:
1/2 packet of stevia (or whatever sweetener you want - I used Sweet Leaf brand, but keep in mind that the amount of sweetener you need will vary based on what type you are using)
1/2 t. vanilla

Put oats in blender and blend until powdery.  Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until there are no chunks of ice or banana left.  Pour and enjoy!

Nutrition Information: 1 Serving - 250 calories, 9 g. fat, 3.8 g. fiber, 9.6 g. protein. 

Adapted From: This Chick Cooks via Pinterest

No comments: